Hi folks,

I am running php as fastcgi, replacing a working apache/mod_php setup. I'm pretty close, but am not quite there.

The last bit I've got to get working is...

    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [E=query:$1,L]

Which I understand to mean pass the request in a variable called query.

My (not working ) attempt is:

        location / {
               try_files $uri $uri/ @rewriteapp;
        }

        location @rewriteapp {
                fastcgi_param query $request_uri;
                rewrite ^(.*)$ /index.php last;
        }

# Pass the php scripts to fastcgi server specified in upstream declaration.
        location ~ \.php(/|$) {
            # Unmodified fastcgi_params from nginx distribution.
            include fastcgi_params;
            # Necessary for php.
            fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.*)$;
            fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $realpath_root$fastcgi_script_name;
            fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT $realpath_root;
            try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php$is_args$args;
            fastcgi_pass backend;
        }

Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong please?

Cheers,

Steve

--
Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MIITP