Can I ask, why do you need to start with a warm cache directly? Sure it will
lower the requests to the origin, but you could implement a secondary caching
layer if you wanted to (using nginx), so you’d have your primary cache in let’s
say 10 locations, let's say spread across 3 continents (US, EU, Asia), then you
could have a second layer that consist of a smaller amount of locations (1
instance in each continent) - this way you'll warm up faster when you add new
servers, and it won't really affect your origin server.

It's a lot more clean also because you're able to use proxy_cache which is
really what (in my opinion) you should use when you're building caching proxies.

Generally I'd just slowly warm up new servers prior to putting them into
production, get a list of top X files accessed, and loop over them to pull them
in as a normal http request.

There's plenty of decent solutions (some more complex than others), but there
should really never be a reason to having to sync your cache across machines -
even for new servers.