I don't care about your Inbox in the greater
scheme of things
but is seems others do or at least agree with me

On 15.10.2018 14:29, Ralph Seichter wrote:
On 15.10.18 12:35, Stefan Mueller wrote:

In answer to Ralph's reply.
Why not reply to my message then?

That is a very Gmail specific solution but, thanks god, not anyone is
using Gmail. For them it needs other solutions.
No, it does not. Besides, are you trying to spin this to you looking out
for others? :-)

Address extensions are not GMail specific. Postfix, Sendmail, Qmail,
maildrop, Dovecot, Courier - the list goes on - all support extensions.
E-Mail existed long before Google Mail (which I don't use).

Anyway we should not focus on labeling / filtering what should
possible in any email application but I cannot tell how much effort
is needed to make it, it could be a real hassle.
On the contrary, we should focus on filtering, and you indeed cannot
tell, and it is no hassle. You're making more baseless assumptions here.

My main goal is to improve readability of my inbox.
There we go; it is about your preferences, not some greater good. Use
folders/labels to keep your Inbox clean, use List-Id and similar headers,
and it all works. Frankly, existing mailing lists conventions have proven
useful for decades, and I don't care about your Inbox in the greater
scheme of things. ;-)

-Ralph