Hello!

Yesterday I prepared and uploaded the second release candidate for our upcoming
release, ngIRCd 21~rc2 -- but I obviously forgot to write a proper release
announcement ... sorry!

So here we go:

There haven't been a lot of changes since the first release candidate a few
weeks ago, mostly small bug fixes and documentation updates:

 • Report the correct configuration file name on configuration errors,
   support longer configuration lines, and warn when lines are truncated.
 • Use arc4random() function to generate "random" numbers, when available.
 • platformtest.sh: Detect clang compiler, and clean up GIT source tree
   before building (when possible).
 • Update (date of) manual pages.
 • Update "Upgrade Information" in INSTALL file, add more systems to
   doc/Platforms.txt, and fix spelling in NEWS and ChangeLog files =:)
 • Fix remaining compiler warnings on OpenBSD.

Please have a look at the NEWS and ChangeLog files for the complete list of all
changes and new features since ngIRCd 20:

 • http://ngircd.barton.de/doc/NEWShttp://ngircd.barton.de/doc/ChangeLog

And please (PLEASE!) test this release candidate, I hope to be able to create
the final release very soon.

A good way to check it is by using the included ./contrib/platformtest.sh shell
script, which will build ngIRCd, test it, and create a nice summary line
suitable for inclusion into ./doc/Platforms.txt -- and contributions are highly
appreciated, but you don't need to send thousands of lines for "mainstream"
systems, distributions, and CPUs like Linux on i386 or amd64 ;-)

 • Homepage: <http://ngircd.barton.de/> (<http://ngircd.berlios.de/>)
 • Bug tracker: <http://ngircd.barton.de/bugzilla/>
 • Downloads:
    - FTP: <ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/ngircd/>
    - HTTP: <http://ngircd.barton.de/pub/ngircd/>

Thanks to all testers and contributors!

Have fun!
Alex