Hello All.  I am trying to count the occurences of 4-grams in a
file.  For several 4-grams, however, I am getting an incorrect
count.  I have repeatedly checked the file manually and I am certain
that the count is wrong.

I would go into great detail here and describe my problem, but first
I would like to know about the following issue:  I have downloaded
and installed nsp version 0.69.  When I run "count.pl --version",
however, it tells me that I am running version 0.57.

I took a look at the source code (in order to edit the first line so
it knows where to look for perl (yes, I do have perl 5.8)) and it
appears that the number 0.57 appears in a comment.

My question is: am I running version 0.57 or 0.69?  If I am running
version 0.69 why does it tell me I am running version 0.57?  If I am
not running version 0.69, then why is it that the NSP 0.69 download
does not contain version 0.69?

Hopefully I can get this troublesome discrepency resolved so that I
can go ahead and describe the circumstances of the incorrect count
in detail.

Thanks,

Jon Crowell
Software Engineer