Hello,

Ted Pedersen wrote:

count.pl --destination output --source input

Something similar exists for statistic.pl now, where you must specify
--library --source and --destination.

[...]
Our thinking on not using command line options for these fields is
that they aren't really optional. In general, I think our use of
--options has been confined to cases where they are truly "optional".
That's perhaps an issue of style, although I think error handling and
"user education" is considerably more complicated if you have some
options that are required and others that are not.

Any thoughts on the motivation for this change?
The idea behind this was to have a single class namend OptionReader that is capable of flexibly handling any kind of command line input regardless of argument order and cardinality (e.g. several strings supplied for one argument)

--
Best regards,
Bjoern Wilmsmann