Hi Jayaram,

Yes, in order to restrict ngrams to individual sentences you would
need to use the -newLine option, and make sure that you had one
sentence per line, one line per sentence. Identifying sentences
boundaries is a non-trivial problem, but we have some simple code
available as a part of our WordNet::SenseRelate::AllWords package that
could be a useful starting point for a sentence boundary detector.

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/TPEDERSE/WordNet-SenseRelate-AllWords-0.13/utils/sentence_split.pl

This is not intended to "solve" the problem, but it will do a
reasonable approximation of sentence boundary detection.

I hope this helps!

Cordially,
Ted

--