..I would like to add that I am not trying to pester you, it's fine by me if
the error is in my code. But I do this as part of a a larger corpus project,
the Norwegian newspaper corpus,  and we intend to publish these results.
Therefore, I am eager to double-check that the values are correct, and I also
wanted to make the point (in our article) that we have used the NSP package as
our recipe (since you provide a standard for everyone to use). But then it is
slightly awkward if the values do not at all resemble the NSP output;)

Therefore, if you have the time: could you please look into whether you agree
with the way I understand the formalue that I find in NSP? It should suffice to
look at the one-ine example that I posted a few minutes ago. (since this
calulation only uses counts that are directly retrieved from the input line,
plus it needs to calculate the m111, the difference must lie in how we use
these counts. Could you for instance show the computation for this concrete
trigram the way you(r program) would do it, so that I see the difference?
Can it be, for instance, that your system uses another log base than e? It is
very awkward that your program produces a positive value for the example
trigram whereas my program (which computes the same value as the one I computed
manually in the recently posted mail) produces a negative value.

Thank you for all your help thus far.

Best,
Gunn