I think the problem is that you are using

Text::NSP::Measures::2D::CHI

as your measure, when in fact this is more of a superclass used by a number of
different measures. The measures that belong to the CHI family are phi, tscore,
x2, so if you were hoping to get the chi-squared measure, I think you would
want to use

Text::NSP::Measures::2D::CHI::x2

instead...

You can see the different measures available here....

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Text-NSP/

Finally, note that rather than using the full name of the measure module, you
can use a shorthand version of that too, as in

statistic.pl x2 output input

This is exactly the same as the expanded form, but might be a bit more
convenient.

Hope this helps!
Ted