CHI is a parent class, and not intended to be used as a measure. Rather,
the  measures x2, pmi, and tscore are the end user measures which you can
run (and they all access that CHI class). So, if your goal is to run the
chi squared test, you can do that with the x2 measure, as in:

statistic.pl x2 outputfromstatistic.txt inputfromcount.txt

You can see all the measures you could use here :

https://metacpan.org/release/TPEDERSE/Text-NSP-1.31

I hope this helps, and please let us know if additional questions arise!

Good luck,
Ted