The Ngram Statistics Package is mostly intended to help you find the most
frequent ngrams in a corpus, or the most strongly associated ngrams in a
corpus. It doesn't necessarily directly give you informativeness, although
you can certainly come up with ways to use frequency and measures of
association to find that. It sounds like you should look at our paper on
NSP to get some ideas about how to use it, and what it offers.

http://www.d.umn.edu/~tpederse/Pubs/cicling2003-2.pdf

Also, the code itself has some documentation that should be helpful...

http://search.cpan.org/~tpederse/Text-NSP/doc/README.pod

http://search.cpan.org/~tpederse/Text-NSP/doc/USAGE.pod

I hope this helps!
Ted