I think this mail was somehow delayed, but I hope this response is still
useful.

NSP has a  command line interface. In general you specify the output file
first, and the input file second. So if you want to write the output of
count.pl to a file called myoutput.txt, and if your input text is
myinput.txt, you could submit the following command.

count.pl myoutput.txt myinput.txt

Here's an example ....

ted@ted-HP-Z210-CMT-Workstation ~ $ cat myinput.txt
hi this is ted speaking how are you today!
I am well.
Today is April 1.

ted@ted-HP-Z210-CMT-Workstation ~ $ count.pl myoutput.txt myinput.txt

ted@ted-HP-Z210-CMT-Workstation ~ $ cat myoutput.txt