"Fabio Maulo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 2008/9/16 Stefan Nobis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> 2. Manual additions (DEFAULTs, triggers,...)

>> I plan to write a tool to generate all (except 2.)

> 2 is part of 1a (<database-object>)

Nah, NHibernate doesn't support an easy way to make those RDBMS
dependent. I would second your remark if <database-object> gets an
attribute "dialect" so I'm able to easily support different
RDBMS. With my manual scripts an the naming scheme
XXXX_name.dialect.sql I can easily support different RDBMS out of the
box at the same time.

And additionally with separated files it's more easy to use better
tools to edit the SQL (Visual Studio XML mode is not quite the best
way to enter more than really small amounts of SQL, much less if you
ever tried something like Emacs :)).

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.