SchemaUpdate is not supported by SQLite. You'll have to move to
another database type that does support it if you really need it.

I can't find a complete list of which databases support SchemaUpdate,
but I know at least SQL Server does and apparently Oracle also.


On Jul 16, 9:08 pm, Josh Coffman <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Sorry this is probably a dumb question.  I've just started playing with
> FluentNH and not really an NH user other than Castle ActiveRecord.  If I
> setup up the mapping and run, it creates everything fine use SchemaExport.
>  But if I add a column to the mapping and use SchemaUpdate, I get a no
> column error:
>
> Exception
> NHibernate.Exceptions.GenericADOException: could not insert:
> [FluentNHibIntro.Entities.WebLink][SQL: INSERT INTO "WebLink" (URL, Name,
> OpenNewWindow) VALUES (?, ?, ?); select last_insert_rowid()] --->
> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error
>  table WebLink has no column named OpenNewWindow
>
>   Surely I'm doing something wrong but don't know where to begin.  Being
> this is just a side project/self-education, I have little time to mess
> around.  I would appreciate any help; even if just to point me where to look
> or debug.  I'll paste the FluentNH mapping & setup related info below
> because it's probably relevant.
>
> Thanks,
> -j
>
> Josh | josh [at] computeristsolutions [dot] com 
> |http://computeristsolutions.comhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/joshuacoffman|http://twitter.com/csinc
>
> //setup
>         public ISessionFactory CreateSessionFactory()
>         {
>             if (_sessionFactory == null)
>             {
>                 _sessionFactory = Fluently.Configure()
>                     .Database(SQLiteConfiguration.Standard
>                         .UsingFile(DbFile))
>                     .Mappings(m =>
>                         m.FluentMappings.AddFromAssemblyOf<BootStrap>())
>                     .ExposeConfiguration(BuildSchema)
>                     .BuildSessionFactory();
>             }
>
>             return _sessionFactory;
>         }
>
>         /// <summary>
>         /// this is where we manage database schema and versioning; still
> working on how to handle versioning.
>         /// </summary>
>         /// <param name="config"></param>
>         private void BuildSchema(Configuration config)
>         {
>             if (File.Exists(DbFile))
>                 new SchemaUpdate(config).Execute(false, true);
>             else
>                 new SchemaExport(config).Create(false, true);
>         }
>
> //mapping related
>
>     public class WebLink
>     {
>         public virtual int Id { get; private set; }
>         public virtual string URL { get; set; }
>         public virtual string Name { get; set; }
>         public virtual bool OpenNewWindow { get; set; }
>     }
>
>     public class WebLinkMap : ClassMap<WebLink>
>     {
>         public WebLinkMap()
>         {
>             Id(x => x.Id);
>             Map(x => x.URL);
>             Map(x => x.Name);
>             Map(x => x.OpenNewWindow);
>         }
>     }
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to