Hi,
I've been trying to work out how to connect to an ESRI shape file
(which I think is a DBase table file) through NHibernate but haven't
had any luck with anything I've tried. I've no idea if this is even
possible (although a couple of forum posts I've found suggest it may
be possible using ODBC drivers) so I was hoping someone could offer
some suggestions or put me out of my misery if it is indeed not
something I can do with NHibernate.
Currently, my config's looking like this:
<property
name="connection.provider">NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider</
property>
<!--<property name="dialect">NHibernate.Dialect.GenericDialect</
property>
<property name="connection.driver_class">NHibernate.Driver.OdbcDriver</
property>
<property
name="connection.connection_string">Database=A303.dbf;protocol=TCPIP</
property>-->
<property name="connection.driver_class">NHibernate.Driver.OdbcDriver</
property>
<!--<property name="connection.connection_string">driver={IBM DB2 ODBC
DRIVER};Database=a303.dbf;protocol=TCPIP</property>-->
<property name="connection.connection_string">Provider=VFPOLEDB.1;
Data Source=C:\projects\rm4\Sandbox\bin\Debug\A303.dbf;Extended
Properties=dBase III</property>
<property name="dialect">NHibernate.Dialect.DB2Dialect</property>
<property name="use_outer_join">true</property>
<property
name="proxyfactory.factory_class">NHibernate.ByteCode.Castle.ProxyFactoryFactory,
NHibernate.ByteCode.Castle</property>
<property name="show_sql">true</property>
I've left the commented out bits in so you can see what values I've
been trying. No matter what I try, I get the error message:
ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not
found and no default driver specified
I've gone through most of the connection string I've found online and
in some answers to questions on here was getting to the 'clutching at
straws' phase where I'm just putting anything in so thought I'd better
ask for help.
I'm not even sure if it's possible to connect to this type of file
from NHibernate but, if it is, does anyone know what should be in the
config?
Thanks,
K
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---