Hello dear NHibernate users!

I have the following model:

class Post {
  int Id;
  ICollection<string> Tags;
}

class SomeotherClass {
  int Id;
  ICollection<string> Tags;
}

How can I map these two entities to the same table? (The Tags property.)

I know how you can map them with many-to-many, but I want to keep just 
one unique tag in the database. How can I do that and instruct 
NHibernate to do some sort of check and just get the Id if it already 
exists?

post = new Post {
  Tags = {
    "NHibernate",
    "Rocks"
  }
}

someOtherClass = new SomeOtherClass {
  Tags = {
    "NHibernate",
    "Rocks"
  }
}

session.Save(post);
session.Save(someOtherClass);

Will only result in two insertions to the Tags table.

How can I do this?

// Kim Johansson

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to