I am new to NHibernate, and have a couple questions that that I am
curious as to how you
would recommend best be handled with NHibernate.  I have searched for
the answers to these
questions and found various ways to handle them, so I am curious as to
what is the
recommended way so I get going on the right foot.

The first is how to deal with a bunch of lookup tables.  So if I have
3 tables:
Customer
CustomerType
StatusType

Let's assume that anytime I want to pull Customer, I will also want to
pull the customer
type and status type.  So, in SQL, I would have something like:
select * (ok, I wouldn't really use the *) from customer inner join
customertype ... inner
join statustype ...

Would the best way to do this is always do an eager load on
customertype and statustype
objects, or can I create a mapping file that would have the info from
the 3 tables, or is
there an even better way?

Secondly, if I have the following tables (which in this case I do):
Instrument (common fields across all instruments)
Instrument Type (i.e. Stocks, bonds, options, etc)
StockDetail (linked to Instrument by InstrumentID)
BondDetail (linked to Instrument by InstrumentID)
OptionDetail (etc)

So let's say I want to pull up one stock.  Would I want a mapping for
Instrument and
another for StockDetail, and then if I search for all stocks, would I
pull all stocks and
do an eager load (inner join) on instrument?  Or would I want to
create one mapping/object
for Stocks that has the 2 tables, one object/mapping for Bonds, etc?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to