Hello community,

I need to populate entity from DB view (non-insertable) and make all
entity updates to updatable DB table.

   1. Mapping entity to table and writing custom load SQL from view is
not an option since in some cases NHibernate still tries to select
from table name (when joining this entity, for example).
   2. Mapping entity to view and writing custom data modification
queries is not an option since I can not write cross-database sql-
insert statement (because of the last inserted identity value
selection part).

The only idea I came up with for now is to modify generated SQL
statements on-the-fly. I managed to do it with custom interceptor but
I don't think that its a good idea (since I intercept every single
query, even for other entities). However, I think that it should be
possible to change only needed queries using custom IEntityPersister.
I created one based on SingleTableEntityPersister, specified it in
<class persister="…">, but NHibernate doesn't even want to instantiate
it.

Are there any examples of writing custom entity persisters for
NHibernate? Or how can I achieve my goal?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to