unidirectional one-to-one

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:00 PM, David McClelland <[email protected]
> wrote:

> When I map a class which spans 2 tables in our database, I use the
> following mapping:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.2"
> assembly="NHTest" namespace="NHTest.Model">
>  <class name="EntityAndPrimaryAddress" table="[dbo].[Entity]"
> optimistic-lock="version">
>    <id name="EntityId" column="EntityId" >
>      <generator class="identity" />
>    </id>
>    <version name="UpdateCounter" column="UpdateCounter" />
>    <property name="CreatedBy" column="CreatedBy"  />
>    <property name="CreatedDate" column="CreatedDate"  />
>    <property name="ModifiedBy" column="ModifiedBy" />
>    <property name="ModifiedDate" column="ModifiedDate" />
>    <property name="Name" column="Name" type="AnsiString" />
>    <join table="[dbo].[EntityAddress]" fetch="select">
>        <key column="EntityId"/>
>        <property name="Line1"/>
>        <property name="Line2"/>
>        <property name="City"/>
>        <property name="State"/>
>      <property name="PostalCode"/>
>      <property name="IsPrimary"/>
>    </join>
>  </class>
> </hibernate-mapping>
>
> I would have expected the <join> element's fetch="select" to issue a
> second SELECT statement, but I still get one SQL statement with an
> INNER JOIN.
>
> If I could make this be a LEFT JOIN that would be fine with me, or get
> it to issue a second SELECT statement.  My goal is to be able to
> handle the case where Entity table entries do not have a corresponding
> entry in the EntityAddress table.  Is there a better way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "nhusers" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nhusers%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.
>
>


-- 
Fabio Maulo

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to