I'm working with a FAT-client application that is currently scattered
with using session statements (yes, the anti-pattern) but that, in the
past, used something like session-per-form. Although I'm scant on
details as I just started working with the application, I understand
that before the application would consume a lot of memory because of
the references the session kept around.

The application is a sovereign application and, as such, may have a
long running time. Each form may display roughly up to a thousand
entities as retrieved by a query / session and there may be several
such modeless forms displayed at any one time. Although many of the
objects have lazy loaded collections and entity references, there's
also a number of bi-directional relationships involved and may be a
few collections that are not lazy loaded. I don't know exactly how
large, in bytes, the larger entities may be, but if each were 1024
bytes, then 6 forms of 1024 objects should only be 6 megs of RAM...
hardly enough to cause memory issues.

Are there scenarios, issues, or anti-patterns that could cause memory
issues when dealing with such an application? Could these be symptoms
of a different issue?

Thank you for any suggestions.

--Kaleb

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to