I really hope NH can support this. The whole idea of ORM is to provide goodness of OO such as inheritance/polymorphism. Not having ability to precisely control the level of inheritance in queries can cause significant unneeded performance overhead, especially for more complex OO scenarios which is where we need NH the most.
On Oct 24, 8:46 pm, Marios Skounakis <[email protected]> wrote: > I don't think that there is way other than sql to do what you want. > > > > > > > > On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 18:07, brandon law <[email protected]> wrote: > > I'm trying to select count for a superclass that has a lot of records. The > > select is joining all the subclasses( about 4 tables) that inherit from the > > super. > > I use Fluent NHibernate to map the classes with SubClassMap. > > > How can I select only the superclass? > > Thanks in advance! > > > setup: > > > /*------------------------------------------------------ > > CLASSES > > ------------------------------------------------------*/ > > public class Subscriber > > { > > public virtual Guid Id {get;set;} > > public virutal string UserName {get;set;} > > > } > > > public class Organization : Subscriber > > { > > public virtual string Name {get;set;} > > } > > > I'm trying this to get the count of subscribers where Subscriber.username = > > variable.. > > > /*------------------------------------------------------ > > DAL > > ------------------------------------------------------*/ > > var count = session.CreateCriteria<Subscriber>() > > .Add(Restrictions.Eq("WwwUsername", login)) > > > .SetProjection(Projections.Count("WwwUsername")).UniqueResult(); > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > > "nhusers" group.> To post to this group, send email > > [email protected]. > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email > > to>[email protected]. > > For more options, visit this group at > >http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "nhusers" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.
