On Oct 25, 4:33 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> +1
>
> More specifically design a DataContract separate from the entity classes.
>

The only advantage I see would be that it gives me a little more
control over how the messages exchanged between web service and client
look.

On the other hand, I would have to write tons of boilerplate code to
copy properties from my entities to my DTOs, a process that invites
errors, especially if I'm extending my entities (eg. adding new
fields).

But I assume you're both giving me this advice because you know more
about web/database architecture than me. Do you have any resources I
could follow (books, articles or example projects)? Some time ago, I
had taken a look at S#arpArchitecture (http://
www.sharparchitecture.net/), but didn't consider it for this project.
Maybe that is the recommended architecture, given the name and all?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to