Jay Leno has a video showing his RE-5 on his web site. He calls it an
elegant solution to a question nobody asked. But atleast back then companies
were willing to take a stab at making untried technology work. Now it seems
they're far more worried about return on investment.

-Kyle


On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Dennis Hammerl <[email protected]> wrote:

> CX500/650 waay cool (geared too low... 10mph / 1000RPM) and if you ever
> rode an RE5... weird. Think giant two stroke single...
>
> --- On *Tue, 3/17/09, Kyle Munz <[email protected]>* wrote:
>
> From: Kyle Munz <[email protected]>
> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: *shakes fist*
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 12:04 PM
>
>
> The 80s magna was nice, my buddy's v45 Sabre is nice, ofcourse the 80s
> hawks are nice, I guess my dad's 87 Aspencade is nice (for older guys ;) and
> lets not forget the CX650T or the Suzuki RE-5 (technically 70s). What's the
> chance of seeing a turbo or rotary bike in a showroom today? I guess they
> were more willing to take chances back then.
>
> -Kyle
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Kyle K.K. <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>> Favorite from the 80s: '84 Magna v65 :-D
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > I'm just not a V-twin kind of guy, but apart from that I really like the
>> 80s
>> > styling, plus the extra doodads the 80s bikes came with.
>> >
>> > -Kyle
>> >
>> > On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Kyle K.K. <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> Hmm.....I don't know if I'd agree on the motorcycle 'thing.' I've been
>> >> craving a VTX 1800N for a while now...
>> >>
>> >> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >> > Linux has come a looooooooong way in 10 years. Thankfully gone are
>> the
>> >> > days
>> >> > of compiling your own kernel (unless you're sadistic). I'm still not
>> >> > convinced it's totally ready for primetime. I'm not ready to put it
>> on
>> >> > my
>> >> > mom's computer yet. Motorcycles I think have gone the other direction
>> >> > over
>> >> > the past decade or two. I'm more inclined to shop for Hondas on eBay
>> or
>> >> > craigslist before looking at the new ones.
>> >> >
>> >> > -Kyle
>> >> >
>> >> > On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Javier Garcia <[email protected]
>> >
>> >> > wrote:
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Great, I'm happy to find Nighthawk and Linux lovers .... I've used
>> >> >> Linux
>> >> >> for more than 10 years. The only reason I used to keep a Windows
>> >> >> machine
>> >> >> around was to play some video games. Now I got a PS3, and that it's.
>> No
>> >> >> more
>> >> >> Windows... except in my wife's computer, she refused to change.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Peace... Javier.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>> I have to have both at work, because this company is VERY windows
>> >> >>> centric, but at home linux machines outnumber the windows machines
>> 6
>> >> >>> to 2.
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>> -Kyle
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:25 AM, MrViggy <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>> I have both Windows and Linux boxes on my desk here at work!  Does
>> >> >>>> that
>> >> >>>> mean I swing both ways?
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>> Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!!!
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>> Viggy
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Javier Garcia <
>> [email protected]>
>> >> >>>> wrote:
>> >> >>>>>
>> >> >>>>> I sense the force is strong on you.... how many here are in the
>> >> >>>>> Linux-side of the force?
>> >> >>>>> Javier.
>> >> >>>>>
>> >> >>>>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Kyle K.K. <[email protected]
>> >
>> >> >>>>> wrote:
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> "When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people
>> just
>> >> >>>>>> stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system,
>> >> >>>>>> *for
>> >> >>>>>> free*'." -- Linus Torvalds
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> Honda doesn't have monopolistic tendencies of evil evilness of
>> doom
>> >> >>>>>> though.
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> M$.....well, you never know.
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> -Kyle
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]>
>> >> >>>>>> wrote:
>> >> >>>>>> > In that case I always choose "Y" ofcourse.
>> >> >>>>>> >
>> >> >>>>>> > -Kyle
>> >> >>>>>> > -Windows has detected that your mouse has moved. In order for
>> >> >>>>>> > these
>> >> >>>>>> > changes
>> >> >>>>>> > to go into effect windows must restart. Restart Now? (Y/N)
>> >> >>>>>> >
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > >
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> > >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to