I posted almost complete instructions for this job including a shortcut some 
time back. Same as replacing rod bearings. Remove engine, strip outside cases 
and clutch. Remove head cover, cams, etc. Invert engine and remove lower case. 
remove rod caps and crank. replace tensioner assy and loop new chain over crank 
and re-install. ... that's the short version. Or, do it by the book and 
separate the cylinder block from the crankcase too. 
Needed; some special tools, an OEM manual, the "common service manual" too, an 
empty garage, lots of space to sit parts on, and more patience than most people 
have. On a scale of 1~10... it's a ten. Oh yeah, obtain all parts and gaskets 
first.

--- On Mon, 3/23/09, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:
From: Paul <[email protected]>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Cam Chain question part 2
To: "Nighthawk Lovers" <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, March 23, 2009, 7:15 PM

The reason I ask is because we have a new member here on the group who wrote 
the following question:

I have a 84 650sc with 55k and some cam

chain noise. The bike doesn't burn oil and runs fine. I bought the

bike for $1200. I spoke to a couple of bike mechanics and they wish to

charge $1000 to change the chain and cam tensioner. I am mechanically

savvy but don't know where to start as to how to? I have gone as far as

changing the cam cover gasket so far for it leaked. Can you point me

inthe right direction ie.. .links as to how to? I like the bike but is

it worth the time and money? Thank you

Andrew

Paul



Paul LeBoutillier

Nighthawk Lovers Email Group Admin









      
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to