If I had an Enduro & rode in the snow on the street, would I get a citation for "unsafe driving"?
My head-bearings are good & I bled the forks to cure the wobble.
(I was thinking I need one of those T-shaped/split air-hose adapter's to get equal pressure)
I was also considering getting a center stand. (there's Angel's cycle salvage here in York Pa/ wouldn't recommend them)
Bernie
83' 550
Feb 14, 2010 09:36:47 PM, [email protected] wrote:
--Next, are the head bearings good ? Repeat all this for the rear tire. The front fork should move from lock to lock smoothly without any glitches. If this had a bad rear tire the effect would be very much the same as the front because the mass of the bike would shake the front fork. The "tug" from a sticking caliper ? Yes, brake rotors have a warp (bikes only) Try to move the rear wheel sideways while it is on the center stand. Should be no side to side play.
From: NM85NightHawk
To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!
Sent: Sun, February 14, 2010 9:05:49 PM
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Hello from New Mexico!
The bike is a 1985 CB650SC. My friend is working up a new paint scheme
for it as most of the painted parts were last done with a rattle can
from the looks of it. So... will probably holf off on pictures till it
is pretty.
Blocked up the front end and spun the tire for several minutes. No
sign that the tire was not true, either by sight or feel. I was able
to feel a little tug from the right hand side rotor, but as I had
already picked up new rotors (the old rotors had some small grooves,
nothing extreme) and pads I took the wheel off again and replaced
them. The right side rotor was very slightly warped. Checked balance
again just to be sure. Took it back out but the skipping /
squirreliness was still there.
I'll pick up a matched pair of front and rear tires. Probably Michelin
(had really good luck with those on cars and trucks, so will see if
luck holds for motorcycles also). Have to wait a week or so for my
next paycheck.
Anything else I can look at while waiting for the tires?
And thank you for all the great info! This message board is awesome.
Safe riding!
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers+[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
