Thanks for your ideas. The simplist answer is always the best. It was
the tire. Someone put a 5 ply Michelin on it. Changed the tire and
everything is OK. Based on the tool idea I made a swing arm bearing
tool out of an old 1 inch deep socket by grinding it to shape but
didn't need it.
Now I have a extra, very expensive, Michelin 130/90 V16 tire (M48E)
with only a few hundred miles on it. What a waste!

Jim Rollins
Tallahassee, FL

On Feb 15, 6:22�am, JBRollo <[email protected]> wrote:
> Has anyone had this or know how to fix it? I have a rear tire that
> rubs against the drive housing on my 83 CD650 Nighthawk. I see nothing
> bent. I suspect swing arm bearing but hate to tear it down without
> some confirmation. Don't know where to get that special wrench to
> remove the swing arm lock nut either. Help!

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to