I also start paying more attention to my fuel economy after this thread. In
my '96 750 I don't think I ever get more than 45 mpg, but then ~42-43 mpg
seems to be a good average and in agreement with what you find.

Javier.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:19 AM, timhortons <[email protected]> wrote:

> I know the answer is kind of out there already, but I can never resist
> fuel economy talk.
>
> I once had a 1.8L car that would do 44mpg, that was my first lesson in
> how nice high fuel economy is, after experiencing good fuel economy
> everything else feels so wasteful.
>
> That being said, I don't have a 550, but I do have a 750, and I can
> tell you also, something would definitely be wrong with only getting
> 68 miles, I know there are tank size differences, but that's just too
> much! 550's are supposed to burn less than a 750 as well!
>
> I've been keeping track of my fuel economy on my 750 because I've just
> got it back on the road and I'm trying to determine what else might
> need doing or adjusting based on what kind of mileage it's getting.
>
> I just achieved my lowest MPG the other day of 34, I had gone 115
> miles and it took 3.35 gallons to fill. I hadn't even switch to
> reserve yet, but that is on the low side, I had done some highway
> miles in headwinds and city driving with some upper end RPM ranges,
> which will always go through more gas than tailwinds and low rpm
> riding.
>
> The best MPG I have for it is 53, I calculated that during a run
> through the Rockies here in Canada. That run was 98 miles and it took
> 1.82 gallons to fill (I could have run longer but it's risky taking
> chances like that when fuel stops are few and far between in
> mountains). I also have a few readings in the 40's, so I know it's
> roughly where it should be.
>
> So in summary, if my old 750 can achieve an average of 42, you
> certainly should be doing equal or better mileage than that on a 550.
>
> PS: I actually did up an automated script which I've been keeping
> track of my fuel economy, if anyone is interested in my numbers,
> http://dev.misqueeto.ca/scripts/fuel-economy/ I'm a little obsessive
> about some things, haha.
>
> On Apr 9, 12:31 pm, stanley/ Randolph <[email protected]> wrote:
> > 65 - 75 on my 250 and that's with two up, total wt of about 325 lb.
> > Can't tell you on my 450, gotta do the brake caliper first.
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: paul annen <[email protected]>
> > To: [email protected]
> > Sent: Wed, April 7, 2010 4:40:38 PM
> > Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] 83 550 range/ mpg
> >
> > i weigh 260 and i get 53 on my 250 riding wide open all the time
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 5:39 PM, MrViggy <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I was going to say that doesn't sound right.  I get about 150 on my
> 700SC, and I weigh 200 lbs...
> >
> >
> >
> > >Viggy
> >
> > >On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:09 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >I get twice that mileage & weigh about 250 with a backpack
> >
> > >>Apr 7, 2010 03:33:42 PM, [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > >>What should I be expecting for range/ mpg on this? I had to switch to
> > >>>reserve after approx. 68 miles.
> >
> > >>>--
> >
> > >>>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > >>>To post to this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> > >>>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> > >>>For more options, visit this group athttp://
> groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> >
> > >>--
> > >>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > >>To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> .
> > >>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> > >>For more options, visit this group athttp://
> groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> >
> > >--
> > >You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > >To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > >To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> > >For more options, visit this group athttp://
> groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> >
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> > For more options, visit this group athttp://
> groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to