I'm tempted to throw smartcars into that list too. Sure they're not on two
wheels, but they have to be just as nervous on the freeway as I am :)
Having different kinds of bikes is great, that way I don't have to have any
one bike to try to force into every category. I love hitting trails on my
mountain bike or knocking out 25miles on the roadie. I also like jumping on
the motorcycle, picking a direction, and getting lost. I used to have my
grandfather's Vespa for knocking around the neighborhood on but he took it
back. I'd love to find an old Honda Cub or something similarly geeky to take
it's place. An old 80s Enduro bike for running up the old beach highway
would be fun too, but I'm running out of garage space and my woman isn't as
understanding as Graham's is ;)

-Kyle


On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM, David Cummings <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Kyle, I was gonna bring that up earlier, but let the discussion go on
> about harleys, because I find them amusing.
>
> My friends and I ride bicycles, both mountain and street, regularly.
> Some of us have also gotten motorcycles in the last few years, and
> have made many motorcycling friends along the way - some of whom also
> ride bicycles. I've taken to using the full names whenever it's the
> least bit ambiguous - and that's fairly often.
>
> You're right, it's terribly tiresome to use those extra syllables. We
> should invent new names for the different two wheeled vehicles in use!
>
> "Let's ride tomorrow."
> "Ok, on the bike, or...?"
> "Well, I was thinking just a short one, so let's take the bikes"
> "Cool, I'll bring my shoes"
> "Or we could run up to get coffee - wanna take the bikes?"
> "Wait, what?"
>
> Bicycles, Motorcycles, Mo-Peds, Scooters
>
> Life on two wheels is good :-)
>
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote:
> > When I was a courier some years ago all of the bicycle couriers were
> called
> > "bikers". Maybe that just applies within the courier world, or maybe I
> was
> > just offending all of those sweating no deoderant using Vegan fixed gear
> > traffic defying psychopaths ;)
> > I have bicycles and motorcycles and spend about the same amount of time
> on
> > each. I don't call myself a biker, motorcyclist, cyclist, or anything
> else,
> > I just ride bikes. It is kind of confusing though since I have both. I
> can't
> > just tell someone that I'm "riding my bike." I have to use the whole word
> > motorcycle, or bicycle. All of those extra syllables, hmmph! :)
> >
> > -Kyle
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Noah Goodall <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> That's funny, because most bicyclists hate the term "biker," and call
> >> themselves cyclists instead.  Kind of like how serious runners hate the
> term
> >> jogger.
> >> -Noah
> >>
> >> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> To me the term "biker" always brings to mind a bicyclist.
> >>>
> >>> -Kyle
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Joey Kelley <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> "Motorcyclists" are on BMWs?
> >>>> Or perhaps they are people who ride motorcycles who consider
> themselves
> >>>> too good for the term 'biker'.....
> >>>>             -Joey
> >>>>
> >>>> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Paul <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Has anyone ever noticed there's a difference between a "biker" and a
> >>>>> "motorcyclist" ??
> >>>>> Paul
> >>>>> [email protected]
> >>>>>
> >>>> --
> >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> >>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> >>>> To post to this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> >>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >>>> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> >>>> For more options, visit this group at
> >>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups
> >>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> >>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> .
> >>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >>> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> >>> For more options, visit this group at
> >>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> >>
> >> --
> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups
> >> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> >
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> >
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to