That's not neccessarily anything to do with the bike's structural integrity, 
but  it could have been just the way the way he hit.
I had an accident with another dude on a bicycle and because of the way we hit, 
his bike was destroyed.  He had to walk it - no, carry it back  - to his dorm.  
His wheels - both - were too far bent to roll.  I rode off on mine after 
straightening the handlebars.
I was a bit pissed because he was going the wrong way on a one way, on the 
wrong 
side of the road and I told him so:  "The law for bicycles is, you stay on the 
right side of a road like a car. If you would have stuck to the right side of 
the road this would never have happened.  "
I wasn't yelling or cursing, I was calm, but emphatically assertive.  He really 
didn't know that bikes follow the same rules as cars,  and was profusely 
apologetic.  He did realize he was wrong and learned a valuable lesson in how 
to 
avoid ruining another bike by following the riding rules common to all modes of 
transportation in this country: stay on the right side of the road.
He had a very expensive bike; mine was just a low end Raleigh 10 - speed.
Now, I am pedaling my Cannondale with a 25cc Robin Subaru motor on it till I 
can 
fix my 450's front caliper.  It'll go 29 + mph and it looks like, even with 
riding most of the time at WOT, I am still getting around 200 mpg.
My 450 was getting around 55...

 
 




________________________________
From: Kurt Nolte <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sun, September 26, 2010 1:34:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] One-dead-after-two-motorcycle-crash

I find it significant that the guy on the older bike survived the crash.

-Kurt
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.



      

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to