Crazy!
I just called the place where I usually go to ask about fabbing up cables.
They said they have a company they work with that does this for them - the
company is in California, we are in Wisconsin! I always figured that making
cables isn't that complicated, so that's crazy that my place needs to ship
to the other side of the country! They ballpark estimated me $20-$80 for a
new custom fabbed cable.

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Randy Kilpatrick <[email protected]>wrote:

> About those choke cables, I used to work in a Yamaha dealership. We made
> choke and throttle cables all the time. Most cable ends are silver soldered
> on. We would just heat your cable ends and they would come rite off. Cut new
> inner cable to length of old cable, same with a new outer cable housing,
> then silver solder your old cable ends back on. Takes about 15 to 20
> minutes, and cable is as good as new. Any good shop be able to duplicate
> your cable with no problem. Good luck, Hondo.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to