Yea I know, I was just trying to give him a reference for what it feels like. Although a modern 1100 sport bike has about the same weight. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
-----Original Message----- From: Joey Kelley <[email protected]> Sender: [email protected] Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:57:45 To: <[email protected]> Reply-To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Thinking about getting a Nighthawk 750 Not to play the part of the constant irritant or anything - but it isn't just the weight of the bike - but the balance point of it as well - the NH's tend to carry the weight higher in the frame than say a cruiser style bike, but because of the location of the weight, a given bike might 'feel' lighter even if it tips the scale at the same or higher weight. Just a thought. -Joey On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Allen Thomas <[email protected]> wrote: > Basically anything other than a sportbike, or something 15+ years old, or an > 1100. I work with a guy with a BMW 1100 sport bike and it even feels a little > lighter but fairly close. > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T > > -----Original Message----- > From: Jules <[email protected]> > Sender: [email protected] > Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:45:44 > To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!<[email protected]> > Reply-To: [email protected] > Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Thinking about getting a Nighthawk 750 > > Thanks for all the great feedback. I'm 5'6" and was able to > comfortably be flat footed on my NH 250. Hopefully, I can be flat > footed on the heavier 750. Does anybody know of a similar motorcycle > make/model/style weighing about the same as the NH 750? I don't know > anybody with a NH 750 to test straddle it, but I might be able to find > someone with another heavy bike I could sit on. Thanks! > > On Jan 20, 4:38 pm, Javier Garcia <[email protected]> wrote: >> Hi Jules, >> >> all I can tell is from my own experience, of course. I got a 96 NH 750 two >> years ago. I was the first bike I ever sat on. I learned to ride and for me >> it was fine. I felt a big heavy and big at the beginning, but I am tall >> enough (5 11") and I weight about 200 lb. I am sure there is a big >> difference between a 250 and a 750, but you already know how to ride, which >> is a big plus. I would be a bit more concerned about the height than the >> weight. How tall are you? >> >> Javier. >> >> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Jules <[email protected]> wrote: >> > Hi, Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers, >> >> > I am new to this group and joined per the suggestion of Mark, a >> > current member. So, I'll be relocating to the Bay Area in a few weeks >> > and I'm looking for a commuter bike to travel about 10 miles per day >> > around the peninsula. I don't anticipate going on any long distance >> > rides, but it *could* happen. I was looking at Mark's 1995 Nighthawk >> > 750 as I previously rode a 250 and have always considered upgrading. >> > I'm new to riding motorcycles in general (started a year ago) and was >> > wondering if any NH 750 owners could give me any insight into whether >> > this would be a good bike for commuting short distances around town? >> > Also, I'm rather light (120lbs) compared to the Nighthawk 750 and was >> > wondering if there is anybody who was concerned about the weight of a >> > bike when s/he first got it and eventually got used to riding it. I >> > tried looking for someone with a NH 750 in my current area of >> > residence who would let me get a feel for the weight of the bike, but >> > nobody is offering (Nighthawks seem to be few and far between in >> > Albuquerque, NM). It's still a mystery as to how I rode a Nighthawk >> > for nearly a year and still know so little about motorcycles. Any >> > insight into how to handle an upgrade from NH 250 to NH 750 and what >> > to expect from a NH 750 would be much appreciated. >> >> > -- >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to >> > [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> >> > . >> > For more options, visit this group at >> >http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]. > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]. > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. > > -- -Joey Kelley JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do! JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
