I recently upgraded from a 450 to a 750, and although you notice the
difference in weight, I found it surprisingly easy to handle, also at
low speeds in tight corners. The biggest difference I noticed is the
increase in power, and the different reaction you get from four
cylinders rather than two. I'm 70 kg and 1.70 m, and I think I can't
flatfoot it, but I can easily put both feet on the ground, and
probably the fact that I'm not even sure about flatfooting it shows
the height is not really an issue for me. Mine has a Corbin seat, if
that makes a difference. I'd say it is a perfect commuter bike,
especially with a windshield if you want to get on the freeway. In
traffic the height is also an advantage in combination with the
upright riding position, as it gives  you good vision and visibility.
Btw my 750 will be up for sale in the Bay Area in July or August, so
if you're still interested in one by then, let me know ;-).

On Jan 21, 8:47 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> my ex could almost flatfoot my 99 NH250... And she was 5 foot even with short 
> legs...
>
> And i agree that the with of the seat (and the rest of the bike) makes a huge 
> diffrence too. The 250 was sinny compaired to the GL1200 (talk about a jump 
> in power) and i believe the seat on the GL is the same height, but feels 
> taller (and much heavyer). But at 300 pounds i needed a bigger bike and that 
> GL was cheep and fit the bill
>
> -----Original Message-----
> Date: Friday, January 21, 2011 11:20:40 am
> To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <[email protected]>
> From: "JsinSK" <[email protected]>
> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Thinking about getting a Nighthawk 750
>
> I bought a NH 750 in April last year and rode it all the time I could
> till I could take the Basic Rider Course in September, I picked up the
> NH 250 for the class (convenient!). The big differences I noticed are
> weight, height and power. I was able to transition to the 250 with no
> issues.. though it felt weird sitting closer to the ground :P.
>
> I'm 5'7 and over 300 lbs (I can't carry much without going over the
> bike weight limit lol)
> On my 750 I was standing on my toes to balance the bike at stop signs
> and traffic lights, I lowered the shocks to the lowest setting to
> accommodate me. To me if you can hold the bike up without strain you'd
> be fine. I let my brother who still weighs around 30lbs more than you
> ride it and he never had any issues with holding the bike up. If you
> have weak legs though it'd be different.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to