Yeah, it even looks kinda wierd.  I guess it isn't any worse than when I saw a 
guy reaching down, operating the shift lever on an old Harley, though.  I think 
the between - the - legs is a bit closer to the handlebars, and doesn't rquire 
bending over; therefore a mite safer than having to reach down to shift, like I 
saw this chap doing.
But then, you could always make a modification, to have the shifter bent over 
to 
the side, instead.  I saw this on one.
Speaking of Zs, I once did a mod on the rear end of one, changing a whole rear 
end instead of just a bearing that was bad.  The guy wanted the other because 
it 
was a lower ratio and hence  improvement in fuel consumption over what came 
with 
it, although it sat a bit further back, and required some modifications to the 
cross bar at the back of the differential.
That was for a customer; it turned out great, and I was mildly surprised 
that the performance didn't really suffer any either.



________________________________
From: Allen Thomas <[email protected]>
To: Nightwawk Lovers <[email protected]>
Sent: Sat, March 12, 2011 8:38:16 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] A Honda or small VW

A buddy of mine when I was in the Marines had a 240Z he brought back from Japan 
and I can attest that driving from the wrong side of the car is very strange. 

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
________________________________

From: [email protected] 
Sender: [email protected] 
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 19:29:38 -0600 (CST)
To: <[email protected]>
ReplyTo: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] A Honda or small VW
I think it would be weird driving a VW trike with the shifter between your 
legs.  


Or stick on a right-hand drive car for that matter 


Mar 12, 2011 06:51:19 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Personally, I would rather the VW.  They are simple, reliable, easy to repair, 
reqire little mainenance, and especially if one uses the alloy valves that 
they used to make just for Porsches, which needed a valve adjustment ( if my 
memory serves me correctly) every15,000 miles instead of every 3,000 like 
Beetles needed.  Sort of.  And the feeler gage was like a wet noodle for the 
Porsche.  I felt I earned every penny of the $125 I charged to do a valve 
adjustment on  Porsche (the shop at the local dealership charged $225).
>There are several trikes around  here with Beetle rear ends.  That means, 
>engine 
>and transaxle and the rest of the rear suspension.  
>
>The first one I saw had two huge plates of something like ¾" steel fastened to 
>the engine cradle in the front, to keep the front end from lifting up and/or 
>flipping upside down.
>Wonder if anyone ever tried to stick a Beetle engine in a Honda...
>
>
>
>
>
>
________________________________
From: Kyle Munz 
>To: [email protected]
>Sent: Sat, March 12, 2011 11:59:36 AM
>Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] A Honda or small VW
>
>Those are essentially today's "naked wing". I'm not sure my garage is big 
>enough 
>for one though.
>
>-Kyle 
>
>
>
>On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 1:15 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>
>>-- 
>>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>>"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>>[email protected].
>>For more options, visit this group at 
>>http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>>
>
>-- 
>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>[email protected].
>For more options, visit this group at 
>http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>
>-- 
>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
>[email protected].
>For more options, visit this group at 
>http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.



      

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to