It would have to be a viton o-ring as the gas will eat a rubber one. Probably 
could take it to a Nappa or similar (real) auto parts store and see if they 
have a match. McMaster Carr might sell them online.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Lie Njie <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:41:13 
To: <[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Best supplier(s) for O-Rings and other parts?

So I'm doing a Petcock diaphragm replacement to see if that fixes some fuel 
issues I've been having.  I've got the K&L replacement kit.  Clymer says while 
I'm at it, I might want to "Replace the fuel strainer and O-ring if worn or 
damaged."  Figured I'd just do it because it's my new bike, she's got almost 
70K 
miles, and why not...

Until I went to bikebandit.com and looked at the prices, that is...

$3.29 for one (1) O-Ring
$19.69 for the fuel strainer cup
$13.24 for the fuel filter (I think)

$200 for a new petcock...
$730 (!!!) for a new tank...


These prices seem absurdly high.  I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for 
places where I could find parts cheaper (other than stripping another Nighthawk 
for parts ;)


Are there generic o-ring manufacturers?  Do people improvise?  Or does everyone 
on this list pay these prices and that's just how it goes?

Thanks,
   +Lie

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to