I have a 17 tooth front sprocket, stock rear sprocket. If you live in a
land of hills, don't go that high, stick with 16.

I have noticed that I downshift to accelerate when cruising a lot more than
I did before, but it's not "UGH SO SLOW"; I just like shifting, and now it
feels like it actually *does* something when I downshift.

55mph for me is hovering right around 3k-3100 RPM, and my otherwise rather
stockish bike doesn't seem to have any issues accelerating from that speed
(even with 230# me up on it + school bag). It does complain starting on
hills, I have to feather throttle to keep from stalling more than the stock
setup required. The ~3600 RPM the stock setup turns at 55 now nets a
cruising speed of ~60mph.

My mileage went up ~3 points, right about 10% bump for an approximately 12%
drop in RPM. Mileage is all mixed, 40/60 city/highway. When I go gentle on
it now I can rub up against 50mpg, my more normal mileage is ~44.

-Kurt

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Allen Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:

> On a 91+ NH 750. I know that some of you have put a larger counter shaft
> sprocket to get better gas mileage or  highway cruising RPM. Is 17 teeth
> too much? How much does it affect the bikes acceleration? What is the bikes
> new cruising speed? With a 15 tooth I think about 50-55 MPH feels best its
> not lugging nor straining.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to