anyone know if the front forks on a nighthawk 750 83 will fit a 650 cb same 
year? paul 
 To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Digest for [email protected] - 25 
Messages in 4 Topics
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 16:28:37 +0000

 
  Today's Topic Summary
Group: http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers/topics

Good news, insurance-wise [5 Updates]
Honda Nighthawk 750 - Rear Shocks - $20 (Alexandria) [12 Updates]
was sending bikes now viewing mesges [7 Updates]
Nighthawk with disappearing oil [1 Update]




  
  
   Good news, insurance-wise

  
    
      surfswab <[email protected]> Mar 02 07:19AM -0800
       
 

      Called my agent to get coverage started on the new Oldwing today, and

asked for a quote to renew my about-to-expire policy on the NH750, as

well.

 

She said "How does free sound?"

 

Thought I heard wrong, but she explained Dairyland will add a second

bike to my current policy at no extra charge.

 

How 'bout dem apples?


       
    
  
    
      Kurt Nolte <[email protected]> Mar 02 10:21AM -0500
       
 

      Not bad at all. What kind of coverage is involved?

 

I currently have the Nighthawk riding on the same policy as my car, and

it's reasonably cheap but I'm not exactly /fully/ covered here.

 

-Kurt

 


       
    
  
    
      Joey Kelley <[email protected]> Mar 02 10:41AM -0500
       
 

      All,

         Please be aware that policies vary by state - my  Dairyland

coverage doesn't offer me a second bike at no charge, although it

isn't terribly expensive. I think with the multi-bike discount the

coverage was only going to go up about $25 / year, but my NH is out of

commission so I have no reason to insure it.

         -Joey

 

 

-- 

-Joey Kelley

JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online

JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!

JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow


       
    
  
    
      Graham Rogers <[email protected]> Mar 02 11:13AM -0500
       
 

      I have 6 bikes insured with Dairyland here in PA - $150 for all 6, three 
on each policy. I just added a GW to make 6,  Graham

 

On Mar 2, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Joey Kelley wrote:

 


       
    
  
    
      Paul <[email protected]> Mar 02 09:26AM -0700
       
 

      *Wow!!!! That's not something you hear everyday!! Sweet!!*

*

 

 

 

Paul LeBoutillier

*

*

*

*www.hondanighthawks.net*

 

 

 


       
    
  

  
  
   Honda Nighthawk 750 - Rear Shocks - $20 (Alexandria)

  
    
      Joey Kelley <[email protected]> Mar 02 08:27AM -0500
       
 

      Kurt,

          Perhaps I should take a swingarm at it?

          :-)

            -Joey

 

 

-- 

-Joey Kelley

JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online

JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!

JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow


       
    
  
    
      Kurt Nolte <[email protected]> Mar 02 09:47AM -0500
       
 

      Only if you will do so independently. Do try to keep it a fluid situation,

however.

 

Kurt

 


       
    
  
    
      Kyle Munz <[email protected]> Mar 02 08:53AM -0600
       
 

      This thread has come unsprung

 

-Kyle

 

 


       
    
  
    
      Kurt Nolte <[email protected]> Mar 02 09:57AM -0500
       
 

      Perhaps you mean unwound?

 

Kurt


       
    
  
    
      Graham Rogers <[email protected]> Mar 02 10:00AM -0500
       
 

      this is all Javier's fault

 

On Mar 2, 2012, at 9:53 AM, Kyle Munz wrote:

 


       
    
  
    
      Joey Kelley <[email protected]> Mar 02 10:37AM -0500
       
 

      I think perhaps we need to Stiffen the thread requirements.

    Perhaps changing the valving.

    Lest this thread break loose, we should be careful not to retread

that statement.

        :-)

       -Joey

 

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Graham Rogers

 

-- 

-Joey Kelley

JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online

JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!

JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow


       
    
  
    
      Javier Garcia <[email protected]> Mar 02 10:50AM -0500
       
 

      I am NOT sharing my CL findings with you guys anymore.

:)

 

Javier.

 


       
    
  
    
      Kurt Nolte <[email protected]> Mar 02 10:54AM -0500
       
 

      Wow, sounds like SOMEONE is under a lot of tension... definitely a

candidate for relaxing, take a chance to unwind, enjoy a few puns, then

spring back rejuvenated. :D

 

-Kurt

 


       
    
  
    
      Joey Kelley <[email protected]> Mar 02 10:55AM -0500
       
 

      Its certainly time for a Damper.

           -Joey

 

 

-- 

-Joey Kelley

JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online

JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!

JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow


       
    
  
    
      Kurt Nolte <[email protected]> Mar 02 10:57AM -0500
       
 

      Joey, I know it's going to be a shock to you, but I agree, perhaps we

should wind down.

 

-Kurt

Who has truly run out of original puns at this point.

 


       
    
  
    
      Joey Kelley <[email protected]> Mar 02 11:06AM -0500
       
 

      Kurt,

          Perhaps I should Strut a bit more.

           -Joey

 

 

-- 

-Joey Kelley

JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online

JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!

JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow


       
    
  
    
      Kyle Munz <[email protected]> Mar 02 10:11AM -0600
       
 

      This punaway thread is definitely punning wild. At first they were punny,

now it's just punishment. It's been a lot of pun though.

 

-Kyle

-Here comes the pun, and I say, it's alright

 

 


       
    
  

  
  
   was sending bikes now viewing mesges

  
    
      Paul <[email protected]> Mar 02 06:38AM -0700
       
 

      *I'm with Pat...it's been YEARS since I've used IE as a web browser. 
Recent

versions have posted some respectable numbers in terms of performance, but

I've completely switched over to Google Chrome and haven't looked back.*

*

*

*Paul**

 

 

Paul LeBoutillier

*

*

*

*www.hondanighthawks.net*

 

 

 


       
    
  
    
      surfswab <[email protected]> Mar 02 06:42AM -0800
       
 

      I'm just opposite.  Might have agreed before they came out with IE9,

but now It's pretty strong and competitive with the rest.

 

I'm suspecting this issue has something to do with Google's new

universal privacy policy, which went into effect today.

 

IE9 works normally everywhere but on this site, so I'm thinking it's

blocking Google from applying tracking software to my account here by

refusing access to anything beyond the home page.

 

I'm using Chrome just to visit here and IE everywhere else, with no

issues.


       
    
  
    
      Kyle Munz <[email protected]> Mar 02 08:47AM -0600
       
 

      As someone who dabbles in web design and works closely with people who do

it full time I'd disagree. IE9 is the wallowing cow of web browsers and

doesn't render proper code worth a flip. Html/css that renders perfectly in

Chrome/Firefox will look like crap in IE if it renders at all.

Unfortunately this means writing twice the code to detect the browser and

feed something else to IE.

 

Sorry, I'll step down off my IE bashing soapbox now, but I've been bashing

it since IE1.

 

-Kyle

 

 


       
    
  
    
      Kevin Green <[email protected]> Mar 02 09:53AM -0500
       
 

      As a webmaster I develop our site to work in IE because that's what most 
of

our potential customers use.  It's not the best, but once you get used to

it you can always make things work in IE, and when they work in IE they

almost always work in all the other browsers.  I don't think IE is a great

browser, and it's had versions that were totally html non-compliant, but

it's what most people use and therefore what we have to support.  IE9

handles code pretty decently nowm or at least better than IE7, and *gulp*

IE6.5. [?]

 

 

-- 

Kevin

---------------------------------

1982 Honda Nighthawk 450 - CB450SC


       
    
  
    
      Kyle Munz <[email protected]> Mar 02 08:55AM -0600
       
 

      I will grant that IE9 is far better than previous versions, but stand by 
my

position that FF and Chrome/Safari are more compliant.

 

-Kyle

 

 

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Kevin Green <


       
    
  
    
      Kevin Green <[email protected]> Mar 02 09:58AM -0500
       
 

      Oh certainly the case.  I would love to be able to develop just for

Chrome/FF/proper HTML 4.1 compliance.

 

 

-- 

Kevin

---------------------------------

1982 Honda Nighthawk 450 - CB450SC


       
    
  
    
      Kurt Nolte <[email protected]> Mar 02 10:04AM -0500
       
 

      I just wish Firefox would go back to being a sleek, fast-loading, low-RAM

program. It's pretty heavy these days. :(

 

-Kurt

 

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Kevin Green <


       
    
  

  
  
   Nighthawk with disappearing oil

  
    
      "Allen Thomas" <[email protected]> Mar 02 12:10PM
       
 

      My suggestion is to get a leak down tester and read up on how to use one. 
That will tell you exactly what is wrong without disassembly or $300. While I 
haven't torn down a bike engine it doesn't look bad at all to rebuild the top 
end, about as difficult as doing an air cooled VW bug.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

 

-----Original Message-----

From: Stefano Ascari <[email protected]>

Sender: [email protected]

Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 17:00:21 

To: nighthawk_lovers<[email protected]>

Reply-To: [email protected]

Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Nighthawk with disappearing oil

 

Hi Everyone,

 

So went in and spoke to the mechanic in person. It seems the pressure on

cylinder #3 is 70 pounds (should be in the 140 range according to

mechanic). He said for 300$ he could tear it apart and then he would be

able to determine more exactly what was the cause.

The motorcycle is in pristine condition overall. Both the front and rear

tires are brand new and everything else has been well taken care of. At

this point I think I'm looking at two options:

 

A. Have the mechanic tear it apart and determine the problem with cyl #3

and then re-build it myself over the summer (I don't know anything about

mechanics or how motorcycles operate).

B. Sell the bike for parts.

 

I have a working space in my garage and I'm ok learning new things. But

like I've said, I have no previous experience with this kind of stuff. Is

re-assembling an engine terribly complex?

 

You guys have been extremely helpful in the past and I find this email list

an invaluable asset. Thank you for all the informative emails!!

 

Any suggestions?

 

Stefano

 

-- 

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].

For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.


       
    
  



  
  
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group 
nighthawk_lovers.

    You can post via email.

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.

    For more options, visit this group.

  



-- 

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].


For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
                                          

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to