Sounds like if he was wearing a helmet he could still be alive… even a half helmet. There was a lady coming out of the Hospital this past Friday evening after he shift, and she looked like she was going to pull out on me. I honked…. And stayed on the horn. Her raised arm was saying, just get going pal. I was telling her with my horn … that’s how accidents happen.
Years ago I went through a 2 day Honda Goldwing riding class. I have to say, not only was it interesting and fun, but also incredibly informative about where to position your bike in the lanes as well as the dangers presented by 4 wheelers on side roads. WHEN PEOPLE ARE COMING OUT SIDE STREETS / DRIVEWAYS, ALWAYS RIDE IN THE FAREST LEFT YOU CAN GET…it gives you more visibility. (IF YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT OF THE LANE THEY THINK YOU ARE TURNING.) If there is NOT oncoming traffic I will ride just over the line as was the case at the hospital last Friday Both gear and riding safety are important when you hit the roads. Ride Safe. Ron On May 27, 12:19 pm, Jaybird248 <[email protected]> wrote: > At about 6:30, Saturday night, my wife and I started driving out of our > neighborhood to enter the main street that leads to a favorite restaurant. > We found the side street we were on blocked by police cars and we soon found > out why: A jacked up pick-up truck had exited our street intent on crossing > over the main road to turn left onto the opposite lanes. He apparently never > saw the sportbike approaching from the left. The bike struck the pickup's > front left quarter, bounced back and went down. The rider, a young man in his > 30s, was pitched over the bars into the truck's hood, hitting it with his > head. He wore no helmet. He fell back, dead. His body lay there for hours, > partly covered by a tarp, while the police investigated and the young truck > driver and his girlfriend sat disconsolate on the curb.. > > I know this happens thousands of times a year, but I've never experienced it > so close to home. The scene remained in my thoughts on my Sunday club ride > and made me extra cautious approaching every side street and possible left > turner. I urge you all to do the same this holiday weekend ... and every > time you ride. > > Jay S > 92 NH750 > South Florida -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
