I had the wind push my 750 over when I was working outside, because I have a
large windshield on a windy day. But in a parking lot I don't think that's
it. It could have been a passenger on the other bike accidently knocked it
over sitting on it, but I do not think it is that.  I think, in a parking
lot someone kicked it over.  On the ST page they talk about finding kids
sitting on their bike when they come out of the store, and helmets being
stolen at gas stations. I have had people yell things at me when I was on my
bike.  The word is out.bikers are not as nasty as they used to be, plus many
sadly do not go to church and don't know any better.  I would file this
under. it goes with bike riding.  If I saw someone messing with a bike that
did not belong to them. well I would step in.even if it was a Harley.
Ron
 
 
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Javier Garcia
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:55 AM
To: nighthawk_lovers
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Ode to parking lots.
 
I don't see how the bike can be knocked on the side of the kickstand without
pulling the kickstand back.
Javier.
 
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Christy Deering <[email protected]>
wrote:
Yeah no, she was on her left side, on top of the helmet. No boot marks,
kickstand all the way extended, not buckled at all...strange. There was a
slight slope, so the bike was on more of an angle, leaning on the kickstand,
than it would on level pavement..so that would make it a little easier to
knock over, I guess.
I filed a claim with my insurance company, so we shall see what they cover.
This is why one pays for full coverage on a bike, yes?
 
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM, nighthawkin <[email protected]> wrote:
na she said left plastic cover broke from helmet.
 
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Allen Thomas <[email protected]>
wrote:
Oh so it fell over to the right side (kickstand in the air)? Unless you were
on some really uneven pavement, or it was extremely windy, then someone
knocked it over.
 
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM, nighthawkin <[email protected]> wrote:
don't suppose there were any boot marks on the right side of the seat?  
 
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Christy Deering <[email protected]>
wrote:
I checked the pavement, and there was no soft asphalt to be blamed. The
kickstand was all the way extended when I hoisted her back up, so I'm really
not sure what happened. I'd like to think CBR250 didn't knock her over and
bail, but I guess it doesn't really matter, eh. :(
Yeah, I now know how to clear a flooded engine - the instructions make it
sound more complicated than it is, and my brain was not processing things in
the proper order last night.
I'll go ahead and call Progressive - I have full comprehensive coverage, so
we shall see.
 
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Allen Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:
Sorry to hear about that. Did your kick stand sink into the asphalt and make
her fall over? That can happen if it is really hot, as the asphalt gets
soft.
 For future reference, to clear a flooded engine just open the throttle all
the way and crank the motor over a few times. As for insurance I think that
gets covered under comprehensive, so it would all depend on what insurance
options you purchased.
 
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Christy Deering <[email protected]>
wrote:
So I decided to stop by the store last night after work for a couple of
things for dinner. Parked Gladys (the CB250) by a lovely Honda CBR 250, in a
specially marked motorcycle parking area where cars can't go, made sure
everything was in order, kick stand out all the way, helmet locked, etc.

Came out from the store about 15 minutes later to Gladys on her side,
leaking gas onto the pavement, CBR gone, but no real idea why Gladys should
be lying down at a time like this.

In the 90+ degree heat, hoisted all 350 lbs of her back on her feet,
straightened out the mirror/etc, noticed the crack in the left plastic cover
(probably caused by the bike falling on the helmet) along with numerous
scratches...tried to start her up, she wouldn't go, sat there a while
thinking maybe the engine was flooded and waiting would help...it
didn't...finally got off the bike, threw all my gear on the ground (christ
it was hot), took the seat off, pulled out the manual, followed the
instructions for clearing a flooded motor, and she started up again
(Huzzah!). 

To my heat and irritation addled brain, the instructions for clearing a
flooded engine sounded like this: "Take off your left glove, whistle five
and a half times, run the engine on and off for seven half past nine
minutes, turn everything completely off, hold a seance, ask God for help,
when he doesn't answer, turn bike ninety-eight degrees to your left, put
your left glove back on, compose a sonnet, and then go out and buy a new
bike."

Mondays, I'm tellin ya.

Does anyone know if damage caused in a parking lot like this is ever covered
by insurance?


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected]
<mailto:nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> .
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected]
<mailto:nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> .
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected]
<mailto:nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> .
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected]
<mailto:nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> .
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected]
<mailto:nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> .
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected]
<mailto:nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> .
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected]
<mailto:nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> .
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 
 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to