Fellas, fellas...:) I'll test ride everything and decide what's sexiest! I appreciate all your help - you've mentioned a lot of things I wasn't aware of. Seat height has never been a problem (I'm 5'9") so I'll probably go with whichever has the best handling. I remember going from a 125 scooter to a 250 motorcycle...I thought I was some hot sh**, lemme tell ya. :) Can only imagine going from a 250 to a 750 or something similar.
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM, nighthawkin <[email protected]> wrote: > im trying to help Christy find a bike that will be best for her? > > > On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Sure, but compare a 750 Shadow to a 750 NH and they're two different >> animals. As long as seat height isn't an issue I'd lean towards the NH. >> >> >> -Kyle >> >> >> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM, nighthawkin <[email protected]>wrote: >> >>> going from a nh250 to a 750 shadow she will be fine. >>> >>> >>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote: >>> >>>> I ride around Houston plenty on my 700, traffic sucks but you just have >>>> to stay awake and pay attention to the cars around you. Paying attention to >>>> how hard you hit the brakes is important too, but that's another story. But >>>> comparing my 700 Nighthawk with an inline 4 to a buddy's Boulevard with a >>>> 750cc V-Twin was like night and day. The NH was quicker and quieter. >>>> >>>> >>>> -Kyle >>>> >>>> >>>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Christy Deering < >>>> [email protected]> wrote: >>>> >>>>> I hardly ever find myself on the highway. Feels like I'm strapped to a >>>>> rollerblade being pulled by a semi. Don't like it on the 250 bikes. >>>>> Haven't >>>>> actually tried the highway on a bigger bike yet, but I can't imagine it's >>>>> exactly "fun" on any bike in Texas with crazy people behind the wheel of >>>>> every vehicle on the highway. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> I couldn't live on a 250 for long, I know they can get up on the fwy >>>>>> but I wouldn't want to make a regular practice of that. Most of the bikes >>>>>> I've ridden have been in the 600-750cc range and that seems pretty >>>>>> sufficient. However I've found 4cyls have far more power than twins in >>>>>> that >>>>>> CC range. Sure the huge liter+ V-Twins have tons of torque, but around >>>>>> 600-750cc they just make more noise than a similarly sized 4cyl. >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> -Kyle >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Christy Deering < >>>>>> [email protected]> wrote: >>>>>> >>>>>>> I think so :) I'm getting tired of feeling like a kite in the wind >>>>>>> whenever it gets gusty out here in Texas. *sigh* >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM, nighthawkin >>>>>>> <[email protected]>wrote: >>>>>>> >>>>>>>> I was gonna say just that. a shadow 600 would be good to but they >>>>>>>> are chain. I refuse to have a chain bike but that's just me. yea any >>>>>>>> 750 >>>>>>>> shadow would be good. if your ready for the extra weight? >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Christy Deering < >>>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote: >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Dunno...wouldn't mind trying out a 750 Shadow... :) What would you >>>>>>>>> recommend? >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM, nighthawkin < >>>>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote: >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> ahh... well what are you thinking of getting? >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Christy Deering < >>>>>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote: >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>> Here's the thing. If they total the bike (which is what happened >>>>>>>>>>> when my last car got smashed into on the street) I'll just use the >>>>>>>>>>> money to >>>>>>>>>>> put a down payment on another bike. A bigger one. :) Last time, the >>>>>>>>>>> money I >>>>>>>>>>> got for my old beater was only enough to buy a scooter off >>>>>>>>>>> Craigslist. This >>>>>>>>>>> time, it would probably be the same amount (or even less, maybe) >>>>>>>>>>> but I'd be >>>>>>>>>>> looking for a more expensive vehicle I can buy from a dealership, >>>>>>>>>>> probably. >>>>>>>>>>> Sigh. Texas hasn't been kind to my vehicles so far. >>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Rmj < >>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> Be careful. The total damage may be more than the bike is >>>>>>>>>>>> worth, in which they will total it. Had that done to a car I drive >>>>>>>>>>>> now. >>>>>>>>>>>> Gave me some cash & I got it fixed. I'm still hurt that the car >>>>>>>>>>>> now has a >>>>>>>>>>>> salvage title >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> Thank you, >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> Ross >>>>>>>>>>>> ------------------------------ >>>>>>>>>>>> From: Christy Deering <[email protected]> >>>>>>>>>>>> Sent: 4/17/2013 1:21 PM >>>>>>>>>>>> To: [email protected] >>>>>>>>>>>> Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Ode to parking lots. >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks, everyone! I appreciate all the comments and help! I >>>>>>>>>>>> will definitely let y'all know how it works out. Right now I'm >>>>>>>>>>>> just waiting >>>>>>>>>>>> on an inspector to call to set up a time to come take a look at >>>>>>>>>>>> the damage >>>>>>>>>>>> on the Nighthawk, after which I'll have my answer. I have a $500 >>>>>>>>>>>> deductible, so we'll see what the damage amounts to...dent in >>>>>>>>>>>> tank, bend >>>>>>>>>>>> clutch lever, scrapes, broken plastic cover, helmet...*crosses >>>>>>>>>>>> fingers it's >>>>>>>>>>>> over $500 so she gets some compensation* >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Rmj < >>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> Christy, >>>>>>>>>>>>> Let us know how all this works out. Lot of lessons for all of >>>>>>>>>>>>> us to learn >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> Thank you, >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> Ross >>>>>>>>>>>>> ------------------------------ >>>>>>>>>>>>> From: Rick, Scituate, MA, 82 650 NH <[email protected]> >>>>>>>>>>>>> Sent: 4/17/2013 12:29 PM >>>>>>>>>>>>> To: [email protected] >>>>>>>>>>>>> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Ode to parking lots. >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> You didn't mention which store you were in but I'd ask if >>>>>>>>>>>>> they have cameras. My car got hit in a parking winter before >>>>>>>>>>>>> last and I >>>>>>>>>>>>> was able to find the other driver. This was in a company's >>>>>>>>>>>>> parking lot and >>>>>>>>>>>>> their security was able to give me a plate number in about 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> hours. I went >>>>>>>>>>>>> to the police department and they made the first call. Turned >>>>>>>>>>>>> out it was >>>>>>>>>>>>> an employee of the company and they started off denying >>>>>>>>>>>>> everything but came >>>>>>>>>>>>> round after a day or two. >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> I'm sure it varies, these folks keep the data a week. After >>>>>>>>>>>>> that it is deleted. So I'd check soon. >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hope it was a car, I'd hate to think we'd do that to each >>>>>>>>>>>>> other. >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> Good luck, >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rick >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:25:01 AM UTC-4, Christy Deering >>>>>>>>>>>>> wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> So I decided to stop by the store last night after work for a >>>>>>>>>>>>>> couple of things for dinner. Parked Gladys (the CB250) by a >>>>>>>>>>>>>> lovely Honda >>>>>>>>>>>>>> CBR 250, in a specially marked motorcycle parking area where >>>>>>>>>>>>>> cars can't go, >>>>>>>>>>>>>> made sure everything was in order, kick stand out all the way, >>>>>>>>>>>>>> helmet >>>>>>>>>>>>>> locked, etc. >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Came out from the store about 15 minutes later to Gladys on >>>>>>>>>>>>>> her side, leaking gas onto the pavement, CBR gone, but no real >>>>>>>>>>>>>> idea why >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gladys should be lying down at a time like this. >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> In the 90+ degree heat, hoisted all 350 lbs of her back on >>>>>>>>>>>>>> her feet, straightened out the mirror/etc, noticed the crack in >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the left >>>>>>>>>>>>>> plastic cover (probably caused by the bike falling on the >>>>>>>>>>>>>> helmet) along >>>>>>>>>>>>>> with numerous scratches...tried to start her up, she wouldn't >>>>>>>>>>>>>> go, sat there >>>>>>>>>>>>>> a while thinking maybe the engine was flooded and waiting would >>>>>>>>>>>>>> help...it >>>>>>>>>>>>>> didn't...finally got off the bike, threw all my gear on the >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ground (christ >>>>>>>>>>>>>> it was hot), took the seat off, pulled out the manual, followed >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the >>>>>>>>>>>>>> instructions for clearing a flooded motor, and she started up >>>>>>>>>>>>>> again >>>>>>>>>>>>>> (Huzzah!). >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> To my heat and irritation addled brain, the instructions for >>>>>>>>>>>>>> clearing a flooded engine sounded like this: "Take off your left >>>>>>>>>>>>>> glove, >>>>>>>>>>>>>> whistle five and a half times, run the engine on and off for >>>>>>>>>>>>>> seven half >>>>>>>>>>>>>> past nine minutes, turn everything *completely *off, hold a >>>>>>>>>>>>>> seance, ask God for help, when he doesn't answer, turn bike >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ninety-eight >>>>>>>>>>>>>> degrees to your left, put your left glove back on, compose a >>>>>>>>>>>>>> sonnet, and >>>>>>>>>>>>>> then go out and buy a new bike." >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mondays, I'm tellin ya. >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Does anyone know if damage caused in a parking lot like this >>>>>>>>>>>>>> is ever covered by insurance? >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the >>>>>>>>>>>>> Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from >>>>>>>>>>>>> it, send an email to >>>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to >>>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at >>>>>>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit >>>>>>>>>>>>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the >>>>>>>>>>>>> Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from >>>>>>>>>>>>> it, send an email to >>>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to >>>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at >>>>>>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit >>>>>>>>>>>>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the >>>>>>>>>>>> Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from >>>>>>>>>>>> it, send an email to >>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to >>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at >>>>>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit >>>>>>>>>>>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the >>>>>>>>>>>> Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from >>>>>>>>>>>> it, send an email to >>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to >>>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at >>>>>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit >>>>>>>>>>>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the >>>>>>>>>>> Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from >>>>>>>>>>> it, send an email to >>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to >>>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at >>>>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out >>>>>>>>>>> . >>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the >>>>>>>>>> Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>>>>>> send an email to [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to >>>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>>> Visit this group at >>>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>>>>> send an email to [email protected]. >>>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to >>>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>>> Visit this group at >>>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> -- >>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>>>> send an email to [email protected]. >>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to >>>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>>> Visit this group at >>>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> -- >>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>>> send an email to [email protected]. >>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to >>>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>>> Visit this group at >>>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> -- >>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, >>>>>> send an email to [email protected]. >>>>>> To post to this group, send email to >>>>>> [email protected]. >>>>>> Visit this group at >>>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>> >>>>> -- >>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>>> an email to [email protected]. >>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] >>>>> . >>>>> Visit this group at >>>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >>>> >>>> -- >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>>> an email to [email protected]. >>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >>>> Visit this group at >>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>> -- >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google >>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send >>> an email to [email protected]. >>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >>> Visit this group at >>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >>> >>> >>> >> >> -- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to [email protected]. >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. >> Visit this group at >> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. >> >> >> > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > Visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
