Fixing the break peddle is super easy - I've had to do it 3 or 4 times. Get your channel lock pliers and grip the foot peddle with the handles towards the seat. Bend back until it's in the right position.
I dropped my bike at speed almost 5 years ago and the insurance company gave me $1,800 and the bike with a clean title. About $100 later, tank and exhaust still scratched up, I was riding like before. Break and clutch handles on eBay. Nice set of used bars on eBay right now for $69 + $15 shipping - Item number:300874655774 Look at Pinwall cycles for parts. eBay store and fair pricing with accurate descriptions of what is wrong / bend, scratched, etc. I've bought a lot from them over the years. Sean Sean On Friday, May 3, 2013 2:52:08 AM UTC-10, steve js wrote: > > Hi all, > > It's been a while since I posted. Unfortunately the occasion now is a lay > down, and advice sought. Should I fix it or let insurance call it a total, > and give me a check for book value? > > Going about 25mph on a busy, straight multi-lane suburban street with many > stores, shops, mini malls. > A car pulls out from McD's and stops in the lane, about 50 feet in front > of me. (She was coming out of a parking lot trying to make a left turn, but > traffic would not let her in. I applied brakes hard and had a rear wheel > spinout. Bike went down dragging me about 20 feet on the ground. I did not > hit the car that caused this disaster. I only hit the ground. My entire > right side is badly bruised, but thankfully no broken bones. The right side > of my 91 NH is damaged: > > - bent upper fork clamp (the part that holds the handlebars in place) > - bent handle bars > - bent brake pedal > - scratched fuel tank, pipe, engine fins, front fender, headlight case > - broken wind screen > > I can live with the scratches, but would have to replace brake pedal and > the damaged parts in the upper fork (handlebar clamp, handlebars, etc), and > headlamp. > > I love the bike and would prefer to keep it rather than buy a new or new > used bike. Any ideas on how much this would cost to fix vs how much the > bike is worth? It was in excellent shape with 17K miles. > > > > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
