Have you tried using Lock-tie? It might just do the trick.
Javier.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Christy Deering <[email protected]>wrote:

> Hey Fellas,
>
> It's been a while!
>
> I've been frustrated by a loose handlebar end (left side) for a while now,
> and I thought it would be as simple as ordering a new end and/or bolt, but
> now that I've read a few forum posts and watched a few videos, I'm not so
> sure it's that simple. Any thoughts? I'd like to avoid replacing the entire
> assembly if I don't have to.
>
> What happens is when I start my Nighthawk up in the morning, with the
> choke pulled all the way out, the vibrations (which are of course stronger
> when the bike is idling with the choke all the way out) cause the screw to
> start spinning wildly, and the end weight comes with it. I've tried
> screwing it back in, obviously, but it never stays put. I'm thinking
> something is stripped in there, but I don't know if it's the bolt or the
> inside assembly.
>
> Some of the forum posts I've seen seem to mention a nut getting lost in
> the handlebar which could be the problem, or maybe a stripped nut/bolt, but
> I haven't seen any posts on exactly my problem. Most of them are either
> talking about replacing the entire assembly, or upgrading an existing one
> that's in good condition. There was even one on the end weight being loose
> while the bolt is tightly screwed in. *shakes head*
>
> That said, I'm real sick of tightening that thing and having it come loose
> by the next day.
>
> Help!
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to