http://www.autogeek.net/rejex-paint-sealant.html

It's supposed to be a 6 months repellent to water etc... on all surfaces 
like RainX, except no petroleum products (bad for acrylic plastic shields). 
I saw it for care on the Madstad totally adjustable windshield bracket site in 
their acrylic windshield care. It's not free(!!), but for 6 months labor of 
cleaning and looking like you do, it may not be bad (??)

http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.10420/.f


I finally figured the MRA wings would be something else to break and not 
many people use them yet, so.... the Madstad bracket with their 22" shield 
(for 6' tall riders) seemed like the biggest bang for the wind adjustable 
buck (turbulence from fixed shields is a problem even the MRA wing shields 
only partially address, without spending my money to verify my assumptions.) 
The bracket and 22" shield for the Honda CTX700N looked like the closest 
fit for about $270 (retail) and I figure about $30 for acrylic sheets, 
clamps, and brackets from McMaster Carr for the lower fairing (horns) 
protection. It would be the ONLY 100% sure way to get the coverage, wind 
flow, and jet stream desired for a 6' rider ($100 bucks more than replacing 
my trusty PF3 shield, but I will have to figure out the standardized 'wing' 
design and order the best parts from McMaster Carr too.) Oh yeah, I'll also 
have to get $300, but $200 is almost as unobtainable now anyway. I'll have 
to search high and low to see if I can beat the $270 Madstad bracket, but 
probably not: I think I've beat it low enough for the correct height WITH 
full up/down and tilt shield bracket. Until then, I'll keep gluing my PF3 
plastic brackets and looking at my spider web cracks in the shield  :-)

[image: CTX700n_02.JPG]

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to