About 35,000 miles. Close to half of those were put on with a rider + 
passenger that combined, weighed about 20-25% more than the max weight 
capacity for the bike! Thats most of my reasoning for thinking the clutch 
could be worn! No, I have been making it slip very much at all, just a few 
times. As for the steel plates I figure for the minimal extra cost I would 
replace them anyways while I'm in there. I am in Canada, not sure if there 
is a Motion Pro here, most likely will be an internet purchase, so that's 
the reason for my "Brand name" concerns!

On Monday, September 15, 2014 3:48:30 PM UTC-2:30, Allen wrote:
>
> How many miles on it, and have you been riding it hard and making it slip 
> alot? Unless you have burned the steel plates they can most likely be 
> reused. I've done OEM and Vesrah clutch parts before and had no issues with 
> either. From what I understand the Barnett clutch springs are made for drag 
> racing and are unnecessarily hard for street use. Now with a hydraulic 
> clutch you probably won't notice extra lever pressure. On the 650 it has a 
> reusable o-ring gasket, so hopefully a 700s owner will answer the gasket 
> question. You might need a clutch hub nut socket, you might be able to buy 
> one from Motion pro, or make one from a socket if you even need one at all. 
> Honda did a couple of different designs on clutch some require the removal 
> of the center nut, and some don't.
>
> These are the notes and pictures I took when I did my 92 750, I chose 
> Honda OEM on that one.
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+AllenThomas101/albums/5497956138734576657
>
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:03 PM, 750S <[email protected] 
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Getting ready to buy a new clutch kit for my '85 Nighthawk S. I am still 
>> running the clutch that was in it when I got the bike from the 3rd owner 
>> several years ago. I assume it is the original clutch ( but not sure) The 
>> clutch will sometimes slip upon hard acceleration at higher rpm at or while 
>> changing gears!! I intend to replace friction plates and steel plates as 
>> well as springs.
>>
>> My questions are:
>>
>> #1. Will I need a new housing gasket or are they sometimes reuseable? 
>>
>> #2. What brand names of clutch kits do you recommend? ( I was thinking of 
>> getting Barnett?) 
>>
>> #3. I have the service manual, however, can the job be done without any 
>> special tools? 
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance and as always ~ happy riding.
>>
>> -- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] 
>> <javascript:>.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to