Finally got my umbuntu install to stick! Something to do with legacy boot
options... sorry for the hijack guys
On Sep 20, 2014 7:23 AM, "Graham Rogers" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Oh, that's what they've been talking about?
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Sep 19, 2014, at 11:47 PM, Kurt Nolte <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> It's conversations like this that prove I'm not a computer nerd at all.
> Enginerd maybe, compunerd no.
>
> -Kurt
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:47 PM, Allen Thomas <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> I should have specified Redhat= RHEL not Fedora. A lot of datacenters are
>> moving away from Solaris to RHEL because it is cheaper, and has good
>> support. Javier, that is probably why they use it at your work.
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Allen Thomas <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> LOL, I'm just using CentOs because it is a clone of Redhat. I figured it
>>> was time to give Linux another shot. The last time I just got sick of it
>>> programs not working after updates. But that was like 5 years ago. I do
>>> agree Linux Mint is pretty nice, though i really do prefer the feel of KDE
>>> and some of it's apps.
>>>
>>> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 1:08 PM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Luckily I'm the guy at work who gets to choose which distro to use and
>>>> I almost always go with ubuntu/debian, if for no other reason than I prefer
>>>> Aptitude to YUM. And, now that this thread is thoroughly hijacked...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -Kyle
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Javier Garcia <[email protected]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> They use CentOS in the machines here where I work and I don't like it
>>>>> very much.I would rather go with any ubuntu flavor or just plain debian.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Allen Thomas <[email protected]>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I was wondering if any fellow geeks would notice that.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:06 AM, EGrider <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> CentOS! I remember doing a test install of CentOS back in a previous
>>>>>>> life. Finally settled on Mitel's SME server, which was free, did the 
>>>>>>> job,
>>>>>>> and never got hacked.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  --
>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>>>>> send an email to [email protected].
>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
>>>>>>> [email protected].
>>>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  --
>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>>>> send an email to [email protected].
>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to
>>>>>> [email protected].
>>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>  --
>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
>>>>> .
>>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>  --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to