Mine started doing the same at redline on hot days. I was going to: 1. put new carb vacuum lines on (I hear old ones collapse with pressure and can cut off fuel at high rpms), 2. replace warped plastic intake tubes leaking air unevenly between carbs and filter (I want a sealed cool air intake with constant pressure - like a turbo effect), 3. replace fuel shutoff to fuel tank w/reserve/on/off since it is probably rusted shut with fuel garbage (I don't have any reserve and it may restrict fuel, but I want my reserve capacity back and not worry about bad fuel constantly floating in reserve tank too), 4.I would also consider the intake manifolds between the head and carbs, but they look stronger and cost $100 for 4(!?!?) 5 And I'm going to replace my air box with a stripped air box hatch attachment (also to seal my cool air intake with constant pressure.)
O/w, its running like a top. Still, I want it running like new. It sounds a little rough near redline when I rarely touch it. On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:48:30 AM UTC-7, Matthew Ward wrote: > > OK so I rode the bike to town maybe 15 miles ran great no problem parked > it sat for an hour maybe well on the way back to work after about 8 miles > it starts sputtering and losing power any time I got near 5 grand doesn't > matter what gear it's in as it nears 5 grand it will not accelerate and > starts cutting out any thoughts -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
