My bike drips about 3 to 4 drips of oil every night while parked in my
garage.  Probably about the same during the day at my office.  I didn't get
to ride this weekend and it dripped all weekend - I put a box under the
drip and moved it every morning and night - always a new drip.  Other then
the little oil stains all over my garage floor it doesn't seem to make any
difference on the bike.  I change my oil every 2,500 miles and am at about
2,000 right now.  When checking the oil level it looks good if not as full
as the day I changed the oil.

Bike details:
1996 750
72,000 miles
Burns a little oil on the left side - can't remember which cylinder has a
little bit of compression drop but not much.

I am now checking oil level about every 500 miles and it's holding.

Is there anything else I should be doing?
Is oil burning and dripping common for the amount of miles I have?

What I really want is to avoid a rebuild as long as possible with as little
damage to the engine as possible.  Which are kind of opposite.....

Thoughts?

Thanks - Sean