All,
Its now almost halfway through November - and I've probably ridden my
last for this year. Tonight I had two layers on bottom and three layers on
top - plus a fake rabbit fur Russian style hat on - just to walk the dog.
Its cold up here in Maine!
I have a little rule - particularly at the end of the season - I am
not going to ruin my good summer of riding comfortably with memories of
having to have 16 layers on just to ride. I've done it - I'll probably get
stupid and do it again some time, but it sucks the fun out of it.
It's probably the end of the season for me - last year on the 3rd and
4th of November up here we had a foot of snow on the ground and power
outages across the state!
-Joey
On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 8:55 PM, 'mike21222' via Nighthawk Motorcycle
Lovers! <[email protected]> wrote:
> That's hard core. Hat tip to you sir...
>
>
>
> Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
>
>
> -------- Original message --------
> From: Javier Garcia <[email protected]>
> Date: 11/14/2015 1:05 AM (GMT-05:00)
> To: nighthawk_lovers <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Cold weather travelers
>
> Back in DC I had a ~15 miles highway commute every day. My first winter I
> decided to ride every day as long as it was not snowing. I had the layer
> the hell up. I installed a windshield, bought super tick gloves, but when
> is really cold it always get you. Besides, too many layers and you can't
> move. The following winter I got the electric jacket plus gloves, and
> problem solved. It works great, and it is always useful even when it is not
> too cold, but the ride is long. I have been using it for years now.
>
>
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:26 PM, 'mike21222' via Nighthawk Motorcycle
> Lovers! <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I ride a few times a month through the winter, but never when there's a a
>> chance of precipitation. In fact I seldom ride in the summer if there's
>> rain expected. I don't like riding in the rain, or cleaning up afterwards.
>> I don't have any electric heated gear, but then my commute is only 14
>> miles. I'm sort of thinking that by the time I geared up with all the wires
>> and plugs and everything, I could have driven my car...:O
>>
>>
>> Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
>>
>>
>> -------- Original message --------
>> From: EGrider <[email protected]>
>> Date: 11/13/2015 3:59 PM (GMT-05:00)
>> To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! <[email protected]>
>> Cc: [email protected]
>> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Cold weather travelers
>>
>> I freely admit that temperature had A LOT to do with my choice of Key
>> West as a destination this time up. Less chance of hitting a patch of ice
>> down there!
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
--
-Joey Kelley
JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.