Brian,

That's a really good idea. So far I was thinking in perhaps getting a
compilation of all the messages in this thread and later pass it along to
Allen's family. I am sure they would appreciate that. If others are
interested in contributing for some sort of memorial on behalf of the
group, I will be more than happy to arrange it. We did bothered the group
before asking for contributions during Allen's treatment, so I didn't think
in asking again. But if there is interest, just let me know what would be
best. I honestly have no idea what kind of thing would be appropriate.

I don't think I ever mentioned this: Last year Jason and I visited Allen
right after he got brain surgery. He was still at the ICU, but he was doing
well and was in very good mood. Jason started telling him about how people
from the group were sending money to help to pay the bills, and how
everyone felt we owe him for all the help. Allen was very touched by this
and he couldn't stop crying. About his contribution to the forum, he just
said "But I just do it for fun!". He was very grateful for this gesture,
and I know it meant a lot to him.

If anyone else feels like writing a few words about Allen, please do so on
this thread. I will make sure his family gets all the messages.

Cheers,
Javier.

PS: the tentative date for Allen's memorial service is Tuesday May 3rd.
When this is confirmed I will pass the information along.

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 9:12 PM, Brian Collett <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Very saddened by Allen's passing.
>
> Happily/proudly donate to some-sort of Nighthawk Memorial in his honor.
> His family should know how much he meant to us on the group.
>
> Javier could you/would you organize something like this since you are
> closer?
>
> Heavy Hearted,
>
> Brian
>
>
> On Apr 24, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I am profoundly saddened to learn of Allen's passing. What an amazing man
> he was and always with a kind word and helpful heart. Allen had been a
> member of Nighthawk Lovers since September of 2009 and we will miss him
> here tremendously. Let's pray for his family as they mourn their loss.
>
> Paul
>
>
> *Paul LeBoutillier *
> *www.hondanighthawks.net <http://www.hondanighthawks.net/>*
> Honda Nighthawk Lovers Email group
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nighthawk_lovers>
>
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Javier Garcia <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am very sad to communicate that our great friend Allen Thomas has
>> passed at 12:12 this afternoon. As most of you know, Allen was had been
>> fighting cancer for more than a year now. Earlier this week, doctors gave
>> up on the treatment given the advanced stage of his illness, and shortly
>> after he went to the hospital with severe pain. Allen lived in Mt. Airy,
>> Maryland. He was married and was the father of two little girls. I can say
>> without a doubt he was the best friend I have found since I came to this
>> country 10 years ago, and I am sure we will all miss him tremendously. In
>> addition, Allen was probably one of the most prolific contributors in this
>> forum in the last few years, and always made a big effort to help everyone.
>>
>> He was truly one of a kind.
>>
>> Best,
>> Javier.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to