As for lane position, I usually stay on the left side. Think of occupying your
lane to prevent some idiot trying to squeeze in with you.  So when someone is
passing me on the right, I will sometimes move over the the right to prevent,
or make it less likely, that they will squeeze me.  Doesn't mean I move back
and forth constantly, just on sometimes.
When it just starts to rain, that is when it can be quite dangerous to be in
the middle of the lane where the oil is.