Left part of your lane is called the "blocking position" and should be used
if any car is behind you.  Motorcycle test here would put a mark against
you if your were in any other position.  If it's a 4 lane highway and your
in the left lane then you should be in the right part of that lane, again
you would be tested for that in a proper motorcycle license test. Center of
a lane has chances of oil on your tires which will be very dangerous.
Consider taking a motorcycle course if there is one in your area, it could
save your life.  Motorcycles are fun but what you don't know can bite you
hard down the road.

Counter steering is what motorcycle and even bicycles are all about. Gravel
on the road, just roll over it.  If it in a corner, you should be looking
farther ahead into the turn so you can drop speed before you come to it.

Glasses, yup put the helmet on and wiggle the glasses in there, it only
take 10 seconds.  Sound to me like your helmet is the right size, it's no
good if it's too loose and helmets will loosen up with use.

Cheers